- Assistance Animals
- Contact Information
- Disability Awareness Week
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grievance Process
- Instructor Resources
- New Students
- Resources "General"
Reasonable Accommodations are a modification or adjustment to a course, program, service, activity or facility that enable a qualified student with a disability to have an equal opportunity. An equal opportunity is the chance to attain the same level of performance or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges that are available to a similarly-situated student without a disability.
Accommodations are established only after review of documentation and eligibility has been determined. All qualified students are required to meet with Student Disability Resource (SDR) staff to set up accommodations by completing a Student Academic Accommodation Request form (SAAR). Students requiring scanned books or sign language interpreters and/or captioning should contact SDR staff several weeks before each semester begins to ensure timely accommodations. A timely collaborative effort between the student, SDR Staff, and the faculty should produce a reasonable accommodation for a documented disability.
Listed below are some resources you may find helpful.
- Text To Speech Request form - Please complete this form to request alternative text format.
- Sign language interpreters / Captioning / Request form - Please complete this form to request interpreting or captioning services.
- Exam Accommodation Referral form - (for completion by instructor/professors only)
- Why We Do What We Do