- Assistance Animals
- Contact Information
- Disability Awareness Week
- Exam Accommodations Center (EAC)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grievance Process
- Instructor Resources
- New Students
- Resources "General"
Documentation of the disability by an appropriate licensed professional is required by the Student Disability Resources staff in order to receive reasonable accommodation at Iowa State University. If the disability changes or fluctuates in intensity to impact the student, then an up-date of the condition, for which students are financially responsible, may be requested to determine necessary accommodations. Without proper documentation, Student Disability Resources staff cannot request or provide accommodations.
Student Disability Resources staff assists students who have a disability by reviewing documentation supplied by licensed professionals and by completing Student Academic Accommodation Request forms with the student each term.
Student Disability Resources is not responsible for providing documentation or securing accommodations. Please feel free to reference the Department of Education Office of Civil Rights for more information.
- Documenting a Disability - Academics/Classroom
- Housing Accommodation Requests
- Dining Accommodation Requests
- Documenting a Disability - Assistance Animals
- Release of Information (PDF)
- Examples of Common Measures for Documenting a Disability
- U.S. Department of Education Dear Parent Letter
- U.S. Department of Education Dear Colleague Letter
U.S. Department of Education Preparing for Postsecondary Education
U.S. Department of Education OCR ADAAA Q&A Update