- About SDR
- Contact Information
- Disability Awareness Week
- Exam Accommodations Center (EAC)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grievance Process
- Instructor Resources
- New Students
- Resources "General"
Student Disability Resources (SDR) is the department of Iowa State University designated to determine reasonable accommodations and services for students. SDR is committed to providing equal opportunities to qualified students with disabilities in higher education through a wide variety of accommodations and services.
Accommodations are established only after eligibility is determined through a review of documentation. All qualified students are required to meet with Student Disability Resource (SDR) staff to set up accommodations by completing a Notification Letter. Students that require accommodations should contact SDR staff several weeks before each semester begins to ensure timely accommodations. A timely collaborative effort between the student, SDR Staff, and faculty should produce a reasonable accommodation for a documented disability.
Listed below are some resources you may find helpful:
- Accommodation Legislation
- Text To Speech Request form - Please complete this form to request alternative text format.
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Accommodations Request - Please complete this form to request interpreting or captioning services.
- Exam Accommodation Referral form - (for completion by instructor/professors only)
- Assistance Animals Verification Form